Our shredded sourdough bread, made especially for authentic Bavarian Semmelknödel (German Bread Dumplings).
300 gram / pack
Check our RECIPE below!
Ingredients: dumpling bread, onions, butter, fresh parsley, milk, eggs, salt, pepper and often a dash of freshly ground nutmeg.
1. Pour the hot milk over the bread, cover, and let sit for 20-30 minutes or until softened.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the onions just until transparent, do not brown them.
3. Add the cooked onions to the bread mixture along with the eggs, cooked bacon (if using), parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Knead the mixture together with your hands
5. Form Knödel about the size of a tennis ball
6. Drop the Knödel in salted water (not boiling but just on the verge of boiling) – 15-20 min